We are one year into running a household manual. My husband/Head of Household/Master is in charge of the keeping of this booklet that has become in some ways sacred to us. He has a checklist of our daily and monthly protocols and obligations and checks it each evening to see how well he did in leading and I did in serving.
It is an evolving booklet. It is akin to a business plan for our household and our dynamic. We go to it constantly as a refresher and reminder of what our goals are; what we have committed to maintain in our relationship.
There are sections that, one year in, we are still developing. It’s the big ideas that we’re still fine tuning (household mission statement, vision for the household, long term goals.)
Today we filled in with a fine tipped permanent marker one of these: our household values.
Thought we would share it here.
Our Modern Day 1950’s M/s Household Values
- Experiences over things.
- Quality over quantity.
- Time well spent over mindlessness.
- Kindness over judgement.
- Optimism over judgement.
- Growth over stagnation.
- Our family, our friends, and our community.
- The world around us, and all of its creatures.
- Honest and open communication in our relationships.
- Creative thinking, exploration, and innovation.
- Basic human rights for all people.
- Service to others while maintaining the self.
- The constant pursuit of a life that is healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Unconditional love for our immediate family.
- The vital importance that is maintaining our marriage and Power Exchange dynamic, for it is the rock upon which our household is built.
Thanks for reading and much love from our home to yours.
One thought on “Our 1950’s Household – Household Values”
these all seem timeless to me…